WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

Autumn has arrived and the leaves are falling......

The mornings have become a little chilly, the air smell fresh and whilst driving my son to school this morning all the leaves were falling from the old trees along the road. I think after such a hot summer the leaves are exhausted and ready to let go. Gosh, I know how they feel. I have been talking to so many people and everyone is just so tired at the moment, the change of season it upon us. I really need to get into the garden soon as most of the plants were badly sun burnt and effected by the heat we had only a couple of weeks ago.

At sunset, this beautiful of tree in Burradoo catches the last light of the day.

I just couldn't resist dressing these little dolls up with the Autumn leaves, I have been spotted around my town collecting other peoples leaves.
Yes, I am the one that steals the leaves from your front garden.

A beautiful lake nearby on a private property, this garden is amazing in Autumn and I will be showing more of this garden soon.

Styling by Coty Farquhar

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday Coty

    Very happy you joined in on the fun.You have some gorgeous photos and canvas artwork. The fall colors are beautiful!

    Most of us in the states are searching for signs of Spring!

    We'll have Outdoor Wednesday every Wednesday....I hope you participate again!

    Thanks for sharing your photos.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous blog! I love every single one of your photos and the way you have everything displayed. I look forward to following your gardening activiities. I'm going to bookmark this site if you don't mind.

    Thanks so much for joining us today. Your blog is a visual treat!

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday...

    XO,

    Sheila (from Florida) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR BLOG~ you have all the things i adore, will be back often to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so strange reading this. We are in the midst of winter, longing for the spring. When I look at this pictures I can smell the frangrace of the fallen leaves. I love living with te seasons. But now I am longing for the springtime. ( sorry mij English isn't all that, but I think you do understand the most of it!)
    Lovely doll....Enjoy the coming fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH-I love this little doll.
    You rekindled a sweet memory.
    My Mother, Sara, had an older sister named Betty.
    Aunt Betty would fashion us little dolls out of hollyhocks and confederate roses-on hot Georgia afternoons.
    I am painting the venue of her Grandson's wedding. I must tell her Great Grandaughter about this.
    Thank you and your kind heart.
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools