WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

High on a hill in Burrawang

There is something about a country home that is good for the soul, especially one that sits high on a hill overlooking the countryside. I am delighted to show you this beautiful home and garden in Burrawang, a little town in the Southern Highlands. Designed and built by two very creative friends of mine sixteen years ago when their first of three daughters was born.

The misty views across the surrounding properties to the lake in the distance are breathtaking. This very stylish two story home is really a perfect place to live, within walking distance to town, only two hours drive to Sydney and one hour to the coast. The buildings have been positioned well on the land, with a long driveway leading up to the main house, then another guest house further up the hill with large entertaining rooms surrounded by a long veranda. Gosh, am I starting to sound like a real estate person........

What I do love about this home is the garden is simply just beautiful green lawns, topiary trees and lots and lots of white flowers throughout the year. The stone slabs have weathered and settled into the hill, the trees surrounding the house are now well established and each year there are more and more white flowers. They are so lucky to wake each day to such a delightful surrounding.

Imagine the weddings in years to come, ooooh aaaah, perfect.

*

15 comments:

  1. Happy Outdoor Wednesday Coty! (This is an Outdoor Wednesday post, I hope)...Lovely gardens and landscaping....Thanks for sharing your photos.~ Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great garden and what wonderful landscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is all so beautiful! What a wonderful tour for O.W.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy a visit-just breath-taking! Such a lovely area. Thanks for the marvelous garden tour.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the whites (from the house to the flowers), the greens, the stone pathways - everything!

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Coty as always, Happy Outdoor Wednesday, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so beautiful Coty.. I would never leave home if it were mine. Thanks for sharing.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful and I love that you share your Australian gardens with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photography and your entire site is a feast for the eyes! It's wonderful eye candy!
    Thank you for sharing the world through your eyes.
    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful blog....you really know your way around on the computer and the camera!!
    i love the allium in bloom and the weathered stairs...a treat for the eyes.
    warmly,
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a real party to be here....what a beautifulness.
    Thanks
    I am going to follow you.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the flowers growing on the garden shed! Your photos are beutiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A happy Saturday....when I found your blog.

    I love my gardens. Here in Iowa, USA the first of our spring flowers are just coming up out of the ground. It is alwasy such a treat to see the frist robin and the first tulip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OPS! always is miss spelled as I forgot to check my spelling - so sorry.

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools