WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

White Water Lillies - Nymphaea Lotus

Paint them, photograph them or just gaze at them, the White Water Lilly is a very special flower.

I took all these images at a beautiful famous old garden in Mittagong called Kennerton Green. They are floating in a lovely stone heart shaped pond which is surrounded by a small white woodland. I took many photographs over the years a Kennerton Green for books and websites and these are some of my favourites. I was lying flat on the ground to take some of these images and I was quite lost in the moment.

Kennerton Green is a very special garden and on every visit I always loose total awareness of time whilst in the garden. I really do enjoy my job sometimes.....

3 comments:

  1. I have a water lily which I put in my tiny pond last summer. I am hoping it will come up this year. Water lilys are one of my favorite flowers.
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I was reading your main blog which led me to this gorgeous garden blog! What a pleasure it is to visit .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful garden! I have taken photos in several public gardens near my home, and I always wonder what people think when they see me laying on the ground or placing my lens a few inches from a flower... :) Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools