WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

Beautiful Ivy

Even the Ivy is changing colours, what would I do without Ivy, for so long now it has always been a favourite of mine for display. Here are a few of my styling images using Ivy. It is the quickest and easiest thing to work with when putting a display together. Plus it grows so quickly and almost grows anywhere.

4 comments:

  1. I have never seen ivy that colours so beautiful. Here we have, I think, only green ones...
    But these I love so much.....and the pictures you made from it........speechless.
    Happy easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coty, as always, I love your photographs. Ivy is a favorite of mine as well.

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coty,
    I visited my favorite garden shop this morning owned & run by the parents of my dear friend Amy.
    First i will tell you what a really nice surprise it was to buy some 4 inch pots of this and that to plant in my large containers....this is the nice part...they were sold in weathered clay pots! Not plastic! Same price!
    That is what I call "Green".
    Here is my question... how would you suggest making a large, tall wire topiary support for ivy? Simple, straight up with a good size sphere at the top. I cannot find anything in Lexington.
    Any ideas? I might twitter this.
    Your autumn looks like ours, so beautiful.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools