WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

Gorgeous little gardening sheds

It's here, one of the biggest weekends in the Southern Highlands. Not only is it the weekend for Brigadoon in Bundanoon (the largest Scottish Highland Gathering in Australia) it is also one of the biggest gardening weekends. The smell of blood and bone drifts through the air, every one's in their garden pruning and clipping, the chain saws are out and mulching is a must. We have had the most wonderful rain all week, our trees are looking very happy.
Get out the rakes and clear those leaves, there are bags and bags of wet leaves to be removed. I love it......I'm hooked

It's also Hooked on Friday party at Julia's blog Hooked on Houses, you must visit and see what everyone is hooked on this week.

*

*

I thought I would share some of my very favourite gardens sheds in some of our local gardens, some of them are so gorgeous I wouldn't mind living in them. Covered in roses with little verandas they are such a delight to have in any garden. I love the corrugated iron walls, the old pane windows and the pretty little touches here and there, see the hearts on the wall and the cock on the roof.

Come over and visit my main blog,

This week - An Easter table setting on a country veranda and white roses in hedges for a wedding.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love those gardens ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos of charming garden sheds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and romantic. Love the flowers creeping up the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so in love with this post! We don't have a gardening shed, but instead a 100 year old stable turned detached gargage that needs some help and this is just the kick I needed :)

    thank you!
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok....we've just picked our jaw off of the desk - AMAZING pictures...we don't even know where to start - yep....we're hooked on your blog Coty!
    Thanks!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly beautiful post. You have such an amazing gift for presenting your world. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled onto your blog today, and I love your photographs. I'm not a proficient gardner but I love looking at other's creative endeavors! I'll be checking in again, thank-you for sharing your talents. . .

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools