WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

Clematis, Vogue and Kennerton Green

Lovely little Clematis, if only this flower stayed around a little longer, I do so love clematis and I have finally managed to have it growing across my front veranda at the entrance of my house. This is one of my images above in a garden in the Southern Highlands called Kennerton Green and I have photographed many images for the different owners over the years, I also organised this garden for my friend Fashion Editor Tory Collison at Vogue Australia to come and do a fashion shoot just over a year ago, (as you can see the model sitting on the same garden chair under the clematis).

Above: My clematis in my garden growing against an old shed, and a pic from Vogue Australia

Tory called and asked, Coty does this garden have lots of flowers at the moment? yes, they are everywhere and very beautiful I said, you just have to come and see, trust me you will love it... everything about this garden is divine!

I love what Tory and photographer, Richard Bailey have produced, (featured in Vogue Jan 2008) the little old vintage boat that the model is sitting in belongs to a friend of ours and was delivered to the shoot by Andrew on the top of our car.

Above: More of my pink Clematis and another shot from Vogue by Richard Bailey

All these images above I photographed for Marylyn Abbott's book "Thoughts on Garden Design" and other garden stories, you will, I'm sure recognise the lovely statue with white rose, I did love photographing her and I always adorned her with the most beautiful roses from the garden, the statue now lives someone else as she was sold at the Auction when Marylyn Abbott sold her garden.

and...... for a real treat you must really must visit another beautiful garden in the Southern Highlands, Brabourne Farm, Leigh who I'm sure you all know her beautiful blog well, showed us her amazing garden and a few images of her home on the weekend, you must visit her.

Welcome to all from

Susan's Outdoor Wednesday party from a Southern Day Dreamer blog in the U.S.A

12 comments:

  1. ...and I'm getting exited by my half a dozen rose bushes! :P
    So many beautiful gardens, all the owners should be justifyingly(!) proud of their hard work.
    Irene x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Coty,

    the model on the boat - the color is great...
    was that altered very much? or was that in the early am? love it....

    and if you would........let me know how I would be able to do shoots like that.....I mean, for hire.....any advice would be so helpful from you.....

    hope you are well, and thanks for stopping by my farm the other to say hello......

    beautiful clematis......looks like jasmine, but bigger? so pretty.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a treat to see clematis as the star performer! We have a fabulous clematis nursery here in northern California. They are one of the few growers on cut clematis in the US. You might enjoy a peek http://chalkhillclematis.com

    Thanks for the beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Coty

    Gorgeous post. Kennerton Green was such a beautiful garden and your images are exquisite. Thank you for your lovely comments and link to Brabourne Farm. Hope you're enjoying the beautiful sunshine this week. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I come to your site I am side tracted by all your wonderful images.

    Lovely work -- always.

    TTFN~~ Claudia ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything here is just so beautiful!!!!

    My O W is a nearby marshland with waterfowl and Autumn colors...and a surprise L N Monster visit!!!

    Come by and see

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love clematis and your photos are simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sight!

    I explored the Jogging trail this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is beautiful :-). I hope you are having a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so beautiful as always!! The clematis is spectacular. I love to come here and always leave INSPIRED!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! I love Clematis! The softly muted colors are great in the second photo of the model.

    Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your photographs and your styling!! I have visited Marylyn Abbott's place, West Green House here in the UK, many times - and love it.

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools