WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

Vogue Entertaining Guide Cover & my Highland apples

*

Nearly twenty four years ago when I worked with Vogue Magazine I styled and directed the photography of this cover and story for Vogue Entertaining Guide, (does anyone remember it?). I remember travelling to Robertson in the Southern Highlands early one morning with my dear friend and photographer David Haddon and we created this story on a wonderful artist in her studio shed and set up many images around her garden. Little did I know that eight years later I would be moving to this very town with my husband and young family and eighteen years later, we're still here and loving it.
Our apples:

These are the apples from our lovely old tree in our garden at Bowral, but this year I didn't get one single apple, why? can anyone help me? Look at the tree below last year when I styled this table setting the tree was full of apples and every year since we have been here it has been filled and overflowing with apples even the birds who normally feast on our apples are confused.

Wishing you all a wonderful week xx Coty

2 comments:

  1. hello love to you look with my daughter these wonderful pictures take us into a unique world such an amazing little like a fairy tale if you know the movie can Agnieszka Holland "The secret garden" recommend
    I greet and thank you for your blog ((:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and I want to thank you for all the inspiration I get when I enter your blog! Your styling is the most beautiful I have seen.

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools