WELCOME TO COTY FARQUHAR'S STYING GARDENS IN THE SOUTHERN HIGHLANDS OF NSW AUSTRALIA

My garden blog filled with beautiful flowers and trees, seasonal fruits and vegetables, clever ideas and tips and just wonderful gardens. Like so many I adore gardens, however I am not a garden expert, this garden blog is purely for pleasure showcasing beautiful gardens that I am lucky to explore. I would like to share with you a small part of my life living through each season in many lovely gardens in the Southern Highlands and country areas of NSW, Australia

Beautiful Greens, Seasonal Changes and some open Gardens in the Southern Highlands this weekend - The Southern Highlands Botanical Gardens


As many of you in the United States and Europe head into the warmer seasons of the year,
we here in the Australia are heading towards Winter. 
As you may know, I'm out photographing gardens
and homes most days and I am especially noticing the changes
in our wonderful shady trees that are changing right now.

So I decided this morning that I would celebrate the
 wonderful colour green,
ever changing green gardens, fabulous green glassware and china,
 green vintage paintings, green interiors,
and just the sheer inspiration
that we get from the colour green.


















________________________________





Open Gardens this weekend

Southern Highlands Botanic Gardens

There are some very special and beautiful gardens open
this coming weekend here in the Southern Highlands. 



The Gardens

 Bruce Rosenberg's beautiful property, Yarrawa in Burrawang (above)
(I have photographed Bruce's garden for my book and garden blog...coming soon)

  Carisbrooke in Bowral
  Linden Cottage in Bowral,
 Vine Cottage in Burradoo
 Quindalup in Sproules Lane, Bowral
 Prittlewell in Bodycotts Lane Fitzroy Fall

Rain or Shine......It is well worth the trip to see these gardens,
 even if you can jump on a plane from Sweden or New York...come along.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,
x Coty


Southern Highlands Botanical Gardens website click here
(Entry $20.00 per head for all six gardens or $5.00 individual garden)


______________________________









and a little more green.........just because I love it so..
one of my very favourite clients to have worked with over the years 
and such an incredible company
Hermes Paris
Just look at these fabulous green ads, wow...isn't it wonderful what green can do!




and click below to see my latest post on my Styling Blog 
Styling an apartment in Bowral


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I could spend all day here. I'm enraptured with your beautiful work.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dag coty, erg leuk om je blog te bekijken, wij hebben hier in Nederland ook een heerlijke tuin, 600 vierkante meter . Wij genieten enorm van het voorjaar, alles komt weer boven, van tulp tot annemoon. Vind het leuk om je te volgen, ben benieuwd . Groet,

    Marieke uit Nederland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Coty,

    Your blog is a constant source of inspiration for me. Whenever I am feeling a bit so so I look at your blog and am instantly uplifted. Cheers,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete


Old country gardens, wonderful stonework, beautiful old trees and new buds. Ponds full of fish and floating flowers.

Wonderful colours and shapes throughout the season, gardens filled with blooms, gardens filled with colour.

Seasonal blooms, flower work, inspiring garden designs, fields full of flowers that makes person like me what to go and pick every single flower and fill lots of old baskets.

Some of my artwork, I love to paint flowers and gardens and I always paint on huge canvases, this painting I worked with charcoal and paint.

Lots and lots of interesting ideas and images throughout each season.

Great garden tools, clever gardening tips and links to makers of fine tools